Peace Corps Togo is seeking an individual for the position of Office Move Project Manager31 juil. 2015
OPENING DATE: July 17, 2015
CLOSING DATE: July 31, 2015
WORKING HOURS: 48 hours/Week
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultancy August 2015 – December 2016
The Office Move Project Manager will work with the Country Director (CD) and Peace Corps Togo Senior Leadership Team to research, plan and execute all aspects of PC Togo office move. The Project Manager is a multi-functional position requiring a high degree of skill and ability in areas of planning, organization and attention to detail.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specifically, the Project Manager will:
• Establish a project plan detailing timelines, resources necessary and accountable parties to ensure smooth transition to new office.
• Manage all deliverables on office move project with all Peace Corps groups in direct consultation with the CD and the office move committee through regular planning meeting with all pertinent parties.
• Manage and oversee all rehabilitation/upgrade work of new office.
• Manage all negotiations with the landlord, vendors and local authorities for specific needs such as utilities, installation of back-up generators, air conditioners, computer equipment, grounding, wiring, phones, etc.
• Manage repairs and modifications/rehabilitations of old office for final return to landlords.
• Establish & maintain good working relationships, within team, with other departments & with subcontractors and suppliers particularly general contractors.
• Provide summary documentation and reports (narrative/technical and financial) on all office move for review by management.
• Prepare communications plan and materials in preparation for office move for use with staff, volunteers and local service providers and stakeholders.
The following is non exhaustive list of deliverables:
• Design project plan with detailed specification of project schedule/phases, resources needs, and task management with monitoring plan.
• Design SOW for required technical expertise to accomplish the rehabilitation works: architects, engineers, foreman etc…
• Conduct a space audit and develop space utilization plan.
• Identify, prioritize technology infrastructure needs (IT and telecom) and develop plan for addressing these needs.
• Develop detailed scopes of works and bill of quantities for rehabilitation works (new/old site).
• Develop SOW for other goods and service procurement needs.
• Ensure health and safety concerns are incorporated in the project.
• Ensure energy efficiency objectives are taken into consideration in all works.
• Ensure records management needs are incorporated in the project.
• Develop a communication strategy/plan around the office move.
• Develop detailed office move budget in collaboration with DMO and cashier.
• Coordinate review of technical and financial offers for various works.
• Coordinate completion of contracts and may be delegated to act as the COTR on various contracts.
• Submit periodic reports on progress of works.
• Submit final technical and financial report on office move.
• Prior demonstrated experience of managing office moves and/ or projects of similar complexity (candidates should present examples and/or references). Proven project management experience: setting goals and working within tight budgets and deadlines.
• Good organization skills of people and processes.
• Candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English and French and have strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Candidate will have worked on similar previous projects in West Africa, preferably in Togo/Ghana/Benin and is intimately familiar with the local business environment.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae in English with three references, a valid police record (Casier Judiciaire) and must be sent by e-mail only to the following address: OfficeMoveTogo Corps website: http://togo.peacecorps.gov